My name is Elena and I’m an English and American Studies student graduate. I am currently pursuing a PhD at my alma mater. My focus? Women’s representation in crime fiction. In this blog I review everything I read in my spare time.
My preferred genre is narrative, with a special love for novels. Into the categories “English literature “and “American literature” I include both classic and contemporary works, and I like to switch from well-known and successful authors to emerging talents.
Some random facts:
- My favourite focus is Women’s Studies, which means that I like to pay attention to how women are represented in literature and how the audience perceives them.
- I read because I love it and, as a consequence, I am given the chance to improve in many ways. And I never thought I could do a career out of reading, but apparently I can and I’ve been in awe ever since.
- My favourite authors are Margaret Atwood and Kate Atkinson.
- I love watching TV. If I am not reading, you can probably find me watching L&O:SVU or CSI re-runs. And I’m proud of it!
- Someof my favourite movies are: Last Night, Gone Girl, and Mona Lisa Smile.
My family used to buy me all the books I review because I like to collect them and there is nothing better than a room full of books and their stories. During the summer I usually visit my local library and borrow a few books. They meant a lot to me when I was a kid and they still do. However, In 2012 I started to accept review copies from publishers and I’m really enjoying the experience, because I am discovering a lot of new talents, especially women writers. In every review, I will clearly state where the book came from, as I want my readers to get an honest review, no matter if the book was bought, sent by a publisher, or a gift from a beloved one.
If you want to contact me, you can leave a comment below – I read them all! – or send an email to booksandreviewsblog [at] gmail [dot] com
Thanks for visiting!🙂