Hello! My name is Elena and I’m an English and American literature student about to graduate. In this blog I review everything I read, both for school and during my free time. Sometimes I am so busy I don’t have time to read too much besides compulsory readings, other times I feel like I’m devouring books.
My preferred genre is narrative, with a special love for novels. Into the categories “English literature “and “American literature” I include both classic and contemporary works and I like to switch from well-known and successful authors to the younger ones.
Some random facts:
- My favourite focus is Women’s Studies, which means that I like to pay attention to how women are represented in literature and how the audience perceives them.
- I read because I love it and, as a consequence, I am given the chance to improve in many ways. And I never thought I could do a carreer out of reading, but apparently I can and I’m in awe ever since.
- My favourite authors are Margaret Atwood and Kate Atkinson.
- I love movies and TV, maybe too much but not as much as reading.
- I don’t have a favourite book because each book is different in its own way and I respect that.
- Two of my favourite movies are Last Night and Mona Lisa Smile.
My family buys me all the books I review because I like to collect them and there is nothing better than a room full of books and their stories. However, during the summer I usually visit my local library and borrow a few books. They meant a lot to me when I was a kid and they still do. In 2012 I started to accept review copies from publishers and I’m really enjoying the experience.
If you want to contact me, don’t hesitate to write me an email to booksandreviewsblog [at] gmail [dot] com
Thanks for visiting!